Friday, June 01, 2007

UPDATE...but not really

So, i know you faithful readers are all waiting for Mexico pics...still (a month later) and i will disappoint once again. I'm sorry. I actually do have part of a draft ready, but the day i had some time blogger was giving me fits and i couldn't look at a preview, so i couldn't post anything...so,

I can kinda update as far as what's going on and why i haven't been checking in other than to others blogs! Softball has started which most of you know is my favorite summer past time. That takes up 2 nights/week. I have been jumping through hoops to get my Ohio license application finished which looking back, i should have started in January. Most things i can only do on my day off, so when i started in April i have only been able to get so much done! It's all good though! Just give a lot of people a lot of money and they'll do whatever you want them to! I wish we would have picked a state to move to that just does the reciprocity rule...that would have saved some headaches!

We had been throwing around the idea for a couple months of moving out of our apt to save some rent $$$. We actually decided to do that sooner than later and once we decided we only had about a week and 1/2 to move out...to make it by the end of the month. So we cancelled our trip to Idaho to see my grandpa and spent most of Memorial Weekend moving to Brett's parents' basement in Morgan! That's right...living with the inlaws! Who'da thunk it?! Well actually since we moved in on Friday night i think i've only spent 2 real nights there. Living with the inlaws really won't be bad, they're super! Im just not too psyched about the drive to work now, when before i was about 10 min from my offices. We left town on Wednesday the 30th (which is why we needed to be out of the apt) for OHIO! That's where i'm currently typing this! And i'm dying because i actually have some down time...and no pictures with me to post or you'd all be checking out my mexico trip right now! We spent yesterday and today looking at places to live...homes and condos to buy. I fell in love with this one particular condo and if it all works out i will post pics. We will be flying in late monday night to Utah, then leaving early the next morning for a week to Lake Powell with Brett's family! (being gone for 2 weeks straight was also another reason we decided to get out of the apt this month...then we're not paying for that time away..but it all came SOOO soon!)

WOW! I'm out of breath just typing all that! It has been a very hectic and a bit of a stressful month! As far as the job hunt goes i was hoping to get something set up while we are here, but i don't think that will really happen. I will be personally taking around some resume's on monday before we take off, just so my name is out in a few offices. I do have a contact out here though that i got from a friend from back home. There's a RDH here who is also from UT. Her husband is in dental school and she's been working here for a couple years. She's also temped in a bunch of offices around here. I signed up with a temp agency and this RDH told me that once we get out here i shouldn't have a hard time at all finding work, so that put me at ease a little! She is actually having us over for sunday dinner and i don't even know her other than talking on the phone and a couple emails...i can't believe how nice people are around here---i'm sure they've been in our same shoes though. So, i am very grateful for that! I will just be glad to hopefully have a house before we leave and at least know we will have somewhere to call "home."

SO...i hope this will suffice for a few more weeks until things slow down a little. I am dying to get caught up on what's been going on. Thanks to everyone who keeps checking on me! We're still alive...just trying to get used to this humidity in OHIO!! Till next time... GO BUCKEYES! (we got our football season tix today--can't wait!!)

5 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a fun adventure!! I am excited for you guys! How fun are the buckeyes going to be! Way to throw yourself into the community! I hope you keep your blog up while in Ohio! I am sure you are going to turn into BreAnna. I am always jealous at all the fun things she is experiencing! You are great and they are going to love you in Ohio!! Good to hear you are doing well!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

I hope you get your condo! It will be so nice to have a home. I am out of breath just reading all the stuff you have to do and have done! So...are you on meth? Just kidding! I wish you luck and cannot wait to see mexico and ohio!!!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger The Obergs said...

that was Taylor's first question to Brett when you'd found out that he'd been accepted "did ya get your season tickets yet?" :) You guys are going to have the adventure of a lifetime and I couldn't be more excited for you, however I'm more than a little sad to have such good friends moving so far away, the UDA meetings will just not be the same without you. You guys better call us when you come home for visits. You'll have to call me when you get home and tell me all about your major vacation. I hope Lake Powell is a little better this time around, just remember to take plenty of toilet paper....

P.S. Taylor has about the same symptoms that you did after Mexico, he's thinking it's worms....yikes! I'm hoping he's just getting all of that Peruvian food cleaned out of his system.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger BreAnna said...

About the moving company, did you get my email a few weeks back? I may have the wrong address for you.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Laura said...

WOW!! Sounds like you guys are busy!! Hope the condo works out for you, house hunting sucks! I got your message and tried to call you back. Mindy can check out the info on our home and more pictures of the inside at www.pureutah.com then click on Layton then type in MLS#695945.
I have heard a lot of good things about Ohio. My Dad grew up there and was a HUGE Buckeyes fan!! I bet you guys will love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter