Saturday, June 30, 2007

Going home...Day 4

The way my stomach felt and the lack of sleep from Saturday night made me real anxious to get home. The worst part about this trip was the bathroom situation...the water tanks to the clinic were VERY small. I showered once while we were there. I went to shower the last night and there was no water left. SO, i was feeling pretty gross after a long sweaty clinic day and no shower!
Whatever i ate wasn't agreeing with me...and we couldn't flush the toilets because of the NO WATER situation (plus the plumbing in mexico isn't great so you can't even put tp in the toilets), so i think i was just ready to be home to running water and flushing toilets! Sorry if that's a little too honest for ya'll!
We taxied to the airport at 7am. It was real cool to watch all the planes take off. We were sneaky to get this pict with the army guards in it! We got eaten alive by little black bugs for the hour we were standing on the tarmac...i think i still have open wounds on my legs from them...don't worry, it was only 2 mos ago...that's normal, right?!?!Dr. C was loving all the neat private planes. He has a plane of his own, so he felt really spoiled to be the copilot on our flights in the private jet. There were a lot of cool different planes, this one he was particularly fond of! The pilot actually took him up for a spin while we were all getting ready to go. He looked like a little kid on Christmas morning---couldn't stop smiling!! This was while we were waiting to go...when the bugs were eating my chicken legs. Camie and i got to be really good friends in that 4 days...it's amazing how much you can learn about someone when you spend 24/7 with them! She is such a sweetheart! We had a blast...and now she is working w/ me one day a week at Dr.C's. (we obviously had fun together! )This is the final photo!!!! I know you all are totally bored of this 2 month overdue post...so here ya go! Me and Dr.C on the flight home...mine is a fake smile because there is no bathroom on the small planes! :) Really all i wanted to do at this point was find a bathroom and not leave till the bug was gone...we didn't get back to ogden till about 8:30 that night...wow, that was one long day of travel. I think we took off and landed a total of 8 times that day....that was 7 too many for me! I am very grateful though that i was able to go on a whim like i did! I definitely opened my eyes and made me so grateful for not only the access to care i have, but for my education and that i was able to provide a much needed service for these Mexican people.

Thanks to all of you faithful readers...sorry if it's too long, it was more of a journal for me to look back on, but hopefully you found it somewhat interesting too! I have lots more pics to post of our last 2 mos, so stay tuned! I promise i won't ever get that behind again!! :)

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like you had a great experience! It's great that you were able help so many people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter